Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Time

It is finally time to be back at home, DBU. I am so very thankful for this amazing place despite these sad feelings of leaving behind my sisters. Last summer when I moved in I was completely numb and living in denial... exactly 16 days after my mom and dad were both killed. Though last year was HORRIBLE in many ways...I feel this year I will be more aware..which may make things a bit tougher. I am trying to stay positive and welcome this new semester with open arms but like I said before, I'm no longer numb. I have been really struggling with a lot these past 2 1/2 weeks- and I finally have come up with an answer to explain all the heartache that has been caused recently. I believe that God is tearing me down as low as possible so that all I need is Him. That all I have left is Him. This excites me but of course it terrifies me as well. Goodbye to my "somewhat" comfort zone. I believe that God is trying to get me to Himself so that nothing and no one can interfere with our relationship. Hint the losing my best friend and having one taken to Africa, the TINY room, the tricky classes and the massive amount of other stuff that is going on. I really hope that this will all end well... or maybe just be the start to a finally beautiful beginning. So let's close this chapter of sorrow and open up this chapter of hope- let's keep a positive outlook on life and not get so bogged down. Let's weep for the love that's been lost but not without the end in mind.
"Those who never face sorrow will never understand Joy"

By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me -- a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Blogger ~Amy Jo~ said...

You are very wise, Shelby. Blessings.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Matthew and Shelby said...

Thank you very much that is kind of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home