Monday, August 23, 2010

Ok God

I have been struggling severely with my faith. Not whether or not to believe in God, but more along the lines of trusting him. I scream and cry out at night for him to draw near and hold me- but do nothing more than that. I quit praying and reading my bible because I felt that it was a waste of time and he was not listening. It finally occurred to me that it "takes two to tango." This is not all about Him.. it is a lot about me and what I do. Let me explain. I can cry, scream, plead, beg, ask, and demand for him to hold me and talk to me and love me- but I have much to do on my part as well. It is not a one way street, I have to love him, serve him, thank him, praise him and seek him. It has been a huge challenge and much more than I bargained for, but I have started by reading at least a verse a day. Not much, not much at all but at least it was something. I have FINALLY moved past that and have a somewhat decent reading plan on my phone and am going through the book of psalm right now. It seems that every time I begin to doubt or feel even more weary, he sends me just the perfect verse. I love it. I finally feel that I may be back on the road to a new found faith that I have not seen in a very very long while. I've missed this more than I can ever describe. It sounds so dumb to say but I FINALLY figured out that I will NEVER be satisfied in life if I am not walking with Christ. I am not sure when this thought finally clicked into reality but I am sure glad it did. I have been so unhappy with myself and life in general that it became almost unbearable. I did a lot of crying in the night and begging God to show up....and HE DID! I know that this "mountain" I am on will not last forever. That there will be more severely rough roads up ahead- but maybe now that I have had a taste of what my God can and will do- my mindset should follow behind. My God is mighty to save! He loves me exactly the way I AM! He wants me regardless of the ridiculous decisions I have been making and doesn't mind me being stubborn or slightly angry still. He is a patient, gentle, loving, compassionate, comforting, and protecting GOD. He wants what is best for me- It just took way too long to remember this and to finally accept it.

2 Comments:

At August 26, 2010 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I hear ya Shelby. I found myself nodding my head through this post. Crying in bed and literally yelling for (at) God... totally did that. God is so good and patient with us. Reminds me of the book of Hosea... a true love story.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Matthew and Shelby said...

I need to go read that- Thank you for reading by blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home