Friday, August 27, 2010

Another attack

Today has been a very rough day. I don't say this to complain but just to notify you all that prayers are much needed.
According to the past blogs this week, I have been doing very well. I have been joyful and seen Christ in many different ways.
Of course we all know that when things are going well- it only means that a valley is up ahead. Well it was a nice happy week ..until today..
I don't want to give in detail everything because I am unsure of who all is reading this- but I will say that someone very very close to me has totally and completely shattered my heart. The words from this person were some of the lowest, inhumane, hateful, and painful words that I have EVER heard before. The lowest comments about my parents death that you can even begin to fathom. All of the hateful words from this person that I use to share my life with and love dearly.... It is unthinkable and I am still trying to cope with it all.
to top it off-From all of this heartache- brought on a huge migraine all today..
Thankfully that is getting better and I am about to head to bed.

I am thankful to the ones who let me cry it out in their arms today and the one who bawled with me on the phone- alicia, i love you more than you will ever..ever know.

I am thankful for Vanessa who was on the phone as I shared these horrible things with her.  I had not heard everything yet and needed someone there "beside" me for strength..
The words of this person literally took my breath away- Never have I ever been breathless from so much heartache.. speechless yes, but breathless.... that is a new one.
She told me that this was just a major attack from Satan because I have been doing so well- and finally once again I am renewing my relationship with God and trying to draw nearer to Him. It is painstakingly unfortunate that this certain person I love had to be the one to attack-
But as I have seen many times before in my life and especially in the past year, I, with God's strength will overcome this attack...again.

I don't have some brilliant God life lesson to share with you out of this...yet, but I know that I will grow stronger from this and share the lesson I learned with you all soon.
For now I am going to pray through this one. Pray for peace and strength. For slow anger and absolutely no words to come out of my mouth to the attacker..
For continued joy even through the terrible times. For a stronger faith. For understanding and discernment. For some way to learn something out of all of this. For God to show me the truth vs the lies in these statements.

So to this person I have one thing to say- thank you.
Thank you for making me grow closer to MY COMFORTER AND HEALER

3 Comments:

At August 27, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Jocey said...

GET IT GIRL! i love you so much.

 
At August 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Erin Lynn said...

love you, Shelby :)
you can always cry on me, girl.

 
At August 28, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Blogger ~Amy Jo~ said...

Oh Shelby. I've said it before, I'll say it again. You are very wise.
And your willingness to be vulnerable and share these things in a blog is a blessing to me. And countless others.

With Him, who can be against you?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home