Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sorry It has been so long

I'm sorry it has been so long since I last posted- This semester is completely kicking my butt. Two words: Hybrid Meteorology.

Just to catch yall up, God is still doing amazing things in my life and I am falling more and more in love with Him each and every day. He is satisfying many needs and wants of mine right now and I feel at peace.
I visited FBC Irving for the first time on Wednesday night. I really enjoyed it and met some amazing people there. I went this morning, a little timid of the whole church thing, but it was great. Everyone was really sweet and I met some more cool people. I like it's modern/traditional homey feeling. It's small enough that I am not overwhelmed(...coming from a church of 80 people..) but big enough that it's loud when everyone sings :) I miss that.
I am excited to be back in church again and am going to continue praying about if FBCI is where God wants me.

On another note.
I have decided that it just sucks when I meet someone amazing and begin a great friendship.. and then reach that point when I have to tell them "my story"
I don't tell people hardly ever..unless I feel that our friendship will go far..
I don't want to be that girl that people feel sorry for. Yes, my story is super tragic and I still find it hard to breathe sometimes- but please don't feel sorry for me. Pray for me, hug me, love me and talk to me like a normal person, because that's what I am and that's what I desire.

I miss them a lot lately- like a lot a lot. I know that this will always be there in my heart but sometimes I wish that today was the day that I would be able to look back and just laugh and smile. I just have so much to tell them and show them. I feel like I no longer have anyone who is "proud of me" I know that's wrong and I am sorry to say it. But.. a mother and fathers pride over their child is so much more than anyone can compare..
MOVING ON..

I am SO excited that Brandon is going to be here soon. I met a baby boy names Judah this week and he is SO adorable. I can't wait to hold my nephew in my arms. He is seriously a gift to our family- He is someone that we can hold on to and love... and he will begin to mend our hearts slowly.
God wanted us to smile again and to have someone else to love dearly- so He sent us Brandon Eugene Finn.. out little angel.

On another note, I am considering another tattoo..
don't frown, you had to see that coming :)
I was considering wings on the sides of the one I have now.
and something to do with grace because that is something that God is showing me in mighty ways- it is beautiful and I want it on me forever.
opinions are cool...unless they are negative or rude-
so as my mommy always told me: "If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all"

2 Comments:

At September 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Chris Crane said...

I'm proud of you Shelby. I know that's not at all close to comparing to a parent being proud of their child, but there is someone proud of you and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I do apologize if there's ever been a time in our friendship if I haven't treated you "normal" and made things worse. I am excited though that we've gotten to hang out more this semester and that God has been revealing Himself to us both in amazing ways this semester and teaching us both some awesome, awesome things.

And yes, I saw that coming haha.

 
At September 5, 2010 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Jocey said...

I'm proud of you too baby girl. I know your mom and dad are proud of you still. how i wish they were here to tell you that every day, and to remind you how beautiful you are inside and out, and to kiss you goodnight. one of my fondest childhood memories is when i would always have a huge big comfy pallet on the floor in between your bed and alicia's and your mom would kiss you both and then she always kissed my forehead too.

i am so blessed to have you. i love that we are neighbors again and hang out almost every day. i love that i can tell you everything. i just love you :) i love that we were together on our first day of DBU and that we are now reunited in such a beautiful, godly place.

i always have admired you, even more so since your world got turned upside down, but i have gained an all new respect for you since i am going through the college freshman experience. it's hard...it's so fun and worth it but it's hard. i don't know how you made it last year. i love you so much and wish i could have been by your side then.

i am always your biggest fan...i love you. more than a cousin-you are truly the sister i never had. thank You Jesus for my sweet shelby!!!

love you honey.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home