Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby Break

I am trying to update everyone on the babies as much as I can, but for those of you with multiples...you can completely understand the whole not having time/energy thing.
That being said, I have had a wonderful two days "off" this week.
On Sunday morning my mother-in-law took them to church with her that morning so that I could also go to service at our church. She told us that one of her friends was going to be coming by to take care of the babies and we could have all day off. We met Alicia for lunch after we got out of church and in our conversations decided that we needed to do something rather than just sleep. I was thinking maybe go see a movie or something kind of chill.
Well we ended up at SUMMIT rock climbing gym around 3:00pm and climbed for about two hours before we had to leave for Matt to get to church. We called his mom on the way home to tell her that I was headed back that way only to find out that she was taking them to church with her again for the evening service! So of course I went to our evening service (worked in the nursery) and out to eat with everyone afterwards.
It was really nice to see my church family and get a major rejuvenation physically and spiritually!

The next day the babies had dr apts all day long so my mother-in-law told me that I had another day off!
My best friend had just come back in town for spring break and I hadn't seen her since Christmas!
We met for lunch and caught up for a couple hours. Then we went to find her a watch in the mall- then thrifting (of course)
It was really nice getting to see her and have yet another day off.
Well the night time comes and the fun did not stop there. I was able to go and watch the Bachelor with some ladies from my church while Matt was able to go and have dinner with our pastor.

Free time is a great thing. I was starting to lose it a little bit (a little bit more than I already have!)

Now to the actual baby updates.
Nicholas and Joseph went to the Dr yesterday and both are healthy and happy. Nicholas (the "little" one) has gained some weight and Joseph is starting to be a porker and is gaining enough for the both of them!
They are both 20" long now (that's about 3" for Joseph) and Nicholas was the taller one when he was born so only maybe a little under an inch for him.
We believe that Joseph has acid reflux and with the night we had, I'd say we are right.

The whole no sleep thing is getting easier. It also helps that we have decided to all take shifts. You should hear the four of us some nights.
"I'll take your 3am if you want to take my 6am!"
"If you get the bottles ready I will take your midnight shift!"
It is the only way to survive people!


We have 9 days left with these angels and every day it gets closer-the more bittersweet it becomes.

Switching gears-
Matt is headed to an important meeting at DBU right now. Like I had mentioned in the last post, he is wanting to transfer to South Western's undergrad program. I will give you more details when I can. Please keep him in your prayers today.

Another Matt update.
He got a call yesterday about someone wanting to come see his truck (IT'S FOR SALE Y'ALL!)
It has been on craigslist since last late August and we have had no luck the entire 7 months.
SO as you can imagine we were very excited.
Matt headed home from work to clean out his truck and make it look pretty.
*I may or may not have been using the bed of it for my personal trash can when cleaning out my car! I have been calling it a dump truck and Matt definitely appreciates my loving attitude towards his Oh so precious piece of crap totaled gem.*
Moving on.
I pulled up to our house and could see the potential buyers truck. When I looked up the driveway to get a better look at him, all I could see was HAIR. Oh.my.word.
He looked shockingly similar to good ole' Albert Einstein y'all!
I introduced myself and soon found that he was rather........completely psychotic scatter brained.
Now I'm not trying to be judgmental,  just painting you a picture.
Regardless of his mental stability, he is interested in the truck for sure and we are totally psyched! He didn't offer exactly what Matt was asking for it but in it's condition, I say it's a deal!
It's funny that all of this happened the day after this conversation Matt and I had..
I asked Matt what he wanted for his birthday that's coming up. I told him I already had some ideas but asked if there was something specific. He replied (in all seriousness) with, "I want you to sell my truck."
I looked at him like he had two heads and oh so kindly fired off, "WHAT! I can't do that."
He said something along the lines that I am great at selling things to which I replied, "Maybe beauty products and fashion but definitely not a TRUCK!"
Haha! Just a little glimpse to help put it in perspective for y'all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home