Friday, July 6, 2012

I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July!

Matthew and I headed up to Houston (as always!) and spent a few days there for what WAS supposed to be a relaxing vacation. 

And this is how the story goes...
It all started when Matt decided he wanted to bring Mona, our youngest dog, with us. I was nervous about this because she had never been anywhere else but home and she had never taken a trip like this in the car. Our next step before we left was to find Gabe somewhere to stay. We got a lot of unexpected turn downs from family.. but that's life! We finally had someone say they would keep him, and we were going to drop him off that morning before we left.  Long story short, life got hectic and I had to take care of some things before we left. By that time, I was just ready to load up my sweet little family of 4 and GO. So we canceled our arrangements and hit the road. To my surprise, the dogs did great on the road trip! I was so proud of them and loved looking back at them while they were zonked out.
We arrived in Magnolia around 10pm and that's when the chaos began. Mona did not understand LillyBell's (the family dog) way of playing. Well I have never heard Mona yelp so loud or seen her run so fast. Needless to say, it did not go as planned. Go figure!
After that funfest, we were off to bed WITH the dogs in our room (kennels of course.) It wasn't too terrible having them in there until Gabe started barking at like..5am, 7am, 7:30am... you get the point! We decided by about 8am to board him at Petsmart and just keep Mona with us for fear of waking up babies. Once we woke up we took the dogs downstairs to go potty. When I opened the front door, Gabe went after the new momma cat...and got clawed to death. Ok, not really, but it was quite a site! After the dogs had done their business, we went back upstairs to put Mona in her kennel so we could get Gabe boarded.

WELL GUESS WHAT!!? she stinkin' went into heat that morning. After leaving tiny traces everywhere- that was it! I muttered under my breath something along the lines of "WORST VACATION EVER!" I gathered myself calmly once we decided to board them both and call it a day.
Of course it wasn't that easy and Petsmart turned us down due to a barely expired vaccine and other stuff. We ended up at an animal hospital where they received their vaccine and stayed for the next couple days.
Not at all how I saw all of that going. Hated leaving them there, but there were no other options at that point.

As for the fun part: Matt and I bought some fireworks from the nearest stand and created our own little show for everyone! It was really fun to see Matt on his pyro side. We created quite the grand finale at the end just like a normal show would- It was a BLAST :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home