Sunday, March 27, 2011

Updates

Well.. life is of course moving very quickly and at times I feel like it may be going too fast...
However, the house should be mine in about.. 2- 2 1/2 weeks! I am so excited about finally having a place to call my own. God is teaching me so much right now. Though I admit it sucks at times, he is showing me what it truly means to grow in Christ.
My heart aches over the thought of moving out of the dorms and leaving all my sweet girls- but after being all sappy about it and throwing quite a large pitty party- I realized something. God showed me that yes, it's okay to be sad about leaving this place. After all, this place is where I came right after the accident. After almost walking away from God completely, He revealed himself to me in room D211 at midnight(ish). He entered that room every night and held me while I cried myself to sleep and longed to be held. I couldn't feel him for most of my first semester.. but He showed up big during the second semester. I have made irreplaceable friends who I consider my new family. I have had my eyes opened to amazing opportunities. I have seen God work in not only my life, but the lives of those around me. Not to mention, I have probably shed a tear over every inch of this campus... and if I missed a spot, I'm sure I will cover it on my way out :( 
This place was my home and the only place to call my own for so long. Yes, my room is the size of a parking spot and I HATE being so close to the community bathrooms (don't even get me started)-- but .. It's mine and that's what I love about it.
God's lesson for me recently is that, he doesn't want to keep us in one place forever. He desires for us to grow where we are planted and then PLUCK us up and move us FORWARD. How are we supposed to grow if we stay in the same place, same situation, same environment? Without a doubt in my mind, I know for a fact that God brought me here to break me and grow me. He intended for this to become my Only home at first... but he doesn't intend on me staying here forever. There is a whole other world apart from this awesome DBU bubble that I have lived in for the past 4 semesters.
I look forward to what God is going to do next. He has already done so much, but I know that this is just the beginning to a very long and happy life. He loves me just the same as when I first arrived broken, lost, and devastated- and he will continue loving me just the same now and forever!

Thank you Lord for healing me more each day- thank you for providing the abilities to move into MY HOME so soon- Lord please continue helping me handle leaving this blessed place and moving forward. I can't wait to see what you do next- You are my everything and I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home