Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quote Speech

I am presenting one of my favorite quotes as a speech in my speech class- I wanted to give you all a sneak peek and see what you think.

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain"

The Summer of 2009 and exactly sixteen days before moving to DBU for my first semester as a freshman, my parents were killed and I became an orphan. 
Life is full of trials and tragedies that completely knock us off our feet hopelessly trying to find a way back up, but the Lord promises to hold us close and never give us something we can't handle. It's said that if you aren't currently in a valley, you will be soon. This quote and any verse about rejoicing in times of heartache, were nearly impossible to grasp at first. No one wants to hear that when going through tragic times. We want to throw ourselves to the ground and cry IT'S NOT FAIR.. 
But I am here to tell you how true it is. We cannot hide or run when life takes the best of us. We have to stand tall and find whatever bit of joy is left. So I close with this.
God is your shelter in this storm you call life
He's your strength to stand
Your joy to move
and your peace to dance in the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home