Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bye Bye Babies

Tomorrow is Matt and I's last day as pseudo-parents to our twin boys.
I really don't know how I am going to feel when their mom comes tomorrow. There are times where I think about it and cry, and there are times in the middle of the night where I think, "COME AND GET EM!" "where is their mother?"
Matt and I have learned a lot about ourselves and each other that we never knew until now- some good and some bad!

I am sure once we are finally home and recovered I will be able to write more. As for now, I just don't know how we are going to feel.


I will say though, that we have had the most incredible support system. Between our church and his mom's church, we have had so many donations and prayers. The two Sunday's that I've been able to attend, I have had people come up and hand me diapers, wipes and much more.
People from her church have come and stayed with the babies for a few hours at a time so that we could finally get some sleep.
My cousin-in-law Brittany even made us a fully Paleo meal in addition to the dinner that she made my in-laws family.
Tomorrow I am having another close family friend come and stay with me until the mom shows up.
I am currently wearing a beautiful necklace with a heart locket [From my fairy godmother-Ali] to remind me that the boys will always have a piece of my heart.

The biggest help we have had though would have to be my twin sister.
Good heavens how she can really come through during the hard times. She helped so much when we needed her. She would let me tell the ugly truth about newborns and not judge me (don't act like they are perfect!)
She provided dinner for a family function on Matt's side that would have been a complete disaster if it were not for her.
She bought me a beautiful sparrow necklace and tons of groceries so that we could stay Paleo and not starve.
She never judged me or mentioned the fact that I hadn't showered or done my makeup in heaven knows how long.
And lets not forget that gift card she got me to massage envy! She knows exactly what I need, when I need it, before I need it.
We love her so much and will never be able to tell her how much she truly made this all possible and bearable at that.

Well that is about all for now.
We are tired but more importantly we are blessed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home