Sunday, September 19, 2010

I don't know where this is going

I have not posted anything in a while so I feel the need to update.
God is still doing amazing things in my life. I can tell that He has given me such a deep peace about life- the trials I've faced and am still facing. I look at things with a different perspective- I dance and sing around my room when I can and ALWAYS sing at the top of my lungs in my car... yep, I'm back and it feels great!
I have met some great people lately. A few from FBCI, (still have not joined but I believe It's getting closer to that time) and of course new people here on campus. They are all so sweet and encouraging. I have been named the "funny one" I love it. Making people laugh is such a joy- I know that my ridiculous sense of humor comes from my daddy, and the obnoxious laugh comes from my moma. I like looking at those things knowing that I still have pieces of them with me. I miss them A LOT but I love that I am their daughter and they are still living on inside me.
I used to be sad about the fact that people had no idea why "I am the way I am" because they never got to meet mom and dad- now I get to blame craziness on them- I simply smile and remember the good times when I am able..

Side note: I was told that I should write a book... I am seriously considering it. Any opinions?
It would definitely be about my life and the journey that it has become. How God has picked me up off the ground and showered me with His grace and love. It would be really personal and I would be putting EVERYTHING out there... but If it reaches the heart of those who have been in my shoes.. and helps encourage them.. I will risk it all. After all, isn't that what we are called to do? I want this book to be glorifying to God.. His hand has to be in this or I am not doing it... still praying about that one.
I am thinking of names- Jokingly when I talk about "my book" title- I simply say, "saddest book ever" but we all know that's not entirely true. 
I want to incorporate a lot of my poems, writings...rants.. w/e- but am not entirely sure on how to combine those things... still thinking about it. But, please give me your opinion :)
I have also been told that I should be a song writer. That would be incredible... but my lyrics that I write are pretty deep and personal.. still pondering that one.
However, none of this matters at all if GOD does not want this for me. I have NO idea what He is calling me to... these are just a few things that I have been thinking about a lot lately.


My prayer(s) lately have been about God revealing His plan to me step by step so I don't make a wrong turn. I really really really want to obey His every command.. It's just hard to figure out what He is saying vs. what I am feeling/thinking. 
He is answering many other prayers as well- which is such a beautiful thing
however, out of His ..Yes/No/Wait answers- I am getting mostly waits....
OH patience- that is what He is trying so hard to teach me... I have decided that I am the most impatient person when it comes to answered prayers. 
Just add that to the list of things I am learning this semester!

God bless you all- may smiles come and tears go- may peace find you and worries fade away.

5 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 4:03 AM , Blogger Syndi said...

yes...by all means if you feel so led, start writing a book. If it is within God's will for your life, the words will come easily (at least most of the time) and that "unknown" title will be revealed as you put pen to paper (or fingers to keys!). What's the worst possible case...that it never gets published but was an instrument for God to work in and through you? As I see it, you really can't lose. And you never know, the song lyrics may be further revealed as you move forward with the book.

 
At September 20, 2010 at 6:21 AM , Blogger Chris Crane said...

I definitely think you should write a book. Just keep praying that God would show you if this is something He desires or not. And I'll help you with it in anyway I can, if you need any author/publishing tips or advice.

I'll be praying about it too.

 
At September 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Matthew and Shelby said...

thank you both

 
At September 24, 2010 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Sara said...

I have always thought about writing a book about grieving for kids to read. It doesn't seem like there are many out there. One with pictures, poems, verses, and stories of other's, and maybe some "coping" methods... Just a thought, but I will probably never do it. :)

Of course whenever you go through something so difficult, it is so healthy to write about it. I say go for it!

 
At September 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Matthew and Shelby said...

thank you so much for the encouragement! A kids book like that would be such a hit. We are not taught how to grieve- what's right and what's wrong- we just have to figure it out on our own sometimes..
You should definitely do that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home